IS REGISTRATION NECESSARY?
Registration is required to use the Jio Health Service and enable you to access your account information on multiple devices. Registering also enables you to recover your information in the event you change mobile phones or reinstall the application on your mobile device. We may also require registration to allow you to redeem certain offers or gifts. Finally, if you download the Jio Health Service in connection with a program offered by an employer, healthcare provider, pharmacy benefit manager, or other healthcare professional in collaboration with us (collectively, “Benefit or Healthcare Provider”), you may be required to register with such Benefit or Healthcare Provider in connection with such program and provide certain Personal Information to such provider. We are not responsible for the use of any Personal Information that you may decide to provide to any Benefit or Healthcare Provider in connection with the use of the Jio Health Service or the program overall.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If you decide to complete our registration process, send us an email or post information or other content to the Jio Health Service, we collect Personal Information from you, such as your name, email address and phone number, as well as certain non-identifying information, like information related to your vitals (weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, steps/activity), medications or supplements you are taking and your individual preferences.
We also collect and store any content that you upload, download or access via the Jio Health Service, which may include Personal Information about you (including pictures of your prescription or over the counter medication that you decide to upload).
If you download the Jio Health Service in connection with a program offered by a Benefit or Healthcare Provider and enter an activation code provided to you by your Benefit or Healthcare Provider, your Benefit or Healthcare Provider may provide us Personal Information about you, such as your medication list and refill reminders for us to pass on to you.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use the information collected through the Jio Health Service (including Personal Information) for the following purposes:
- to provide our services, including by providing information such as vital insights (weight, blood pressure, blood glucose, and steps/activity trends), drug or supplement reminders or drug interactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of our services;
- to provide content or features that match your profile or interests, including advertisements and other marketing material; for instance, if you have entered a drug associated with high blood pressure we may send you a coupon or offer for new low sodium foods, or if you accumulate points we may send you a gift card from a commercial retailer;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, our services;
for any other purpose that is communicated to you when we collect the information;
- to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us, information collected or imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties such as your contacts or advertisers;
- to add information gathered from public websites to your profile;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services from us and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create an account;
- to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create an account;
- to make purchases;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and medical related advice;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Jio Health or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
We may receive remuneration from third parties for communicating with you about their products or services, or for providing you with promotional items from them.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We will not share the Personal Information we have collected from you, except as described below:
- In connection with your participation in the Jio Gift Program, we may share your personal contact information with merchants that we have a contractual relationship with, for the purpose of redeeming and fulfilling your reward or notifying you that you have been selected as a winner of a gift (such merchants are obligated to use your Personal Information only to redeem and fulfill your reward and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes);
- we may share your information, including Personal Information, with service providers who have a contractual relationship with us in connection with the operation of our Services (these service providers have access to your Personal Information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes);
- if you access the Jio Health Service in connection with a program offered by a Benefit or Healthcare Provider, enter an activation code provided to you by the Benefit or Healthcare Provider or otherwise authenticate to a Benefit or Healthcare Provider in the Jio Health Service, we may provide Personal Information about you to the Benefit or Healthcare Provider, including data related to your use of, and interaction with, Jio Health. The Benefit or Healthcare Provider may be able to associate the Personal Information we provide with you;
- we may aggregate Personal Information from multiple users in a manner that removes the ability to associate Personal Information with an individual user (“Aggregated Information”), and share the Aggregated Information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- and in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
We may receive remuneration from third parties for sharing your Personal Information with them in the circumstances described above. We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
RESTRICTIONS AND REQUESTS
You have the right to request that we restrict use or disclosure of Personal Information for treatment, payment or health care operations, disclosure to persons involved in your health care or payment for health care, or disclosure to notify family members or others about your general condition, location, or death. However, please be advised that we are under no obligation to agree to such requests for restrictions. Please also note that any restriction that we agree to, we will comply with.
You have the right to request to a copy of your Personal Information. Requests may be made in writing to: 3 PARKER, IRVINE, CA 92618. Please note that we may deny you access in certain situations, such as when Jio Health and/or a Healthcare Provider believes that access could cause harm to you or another. In such a situation, you will be given the right to have such a denial reviewed by a licensed Healthcare Provider for a second opinion. Jio Health reserves the right to impose reasonable, cost-based fees for the processing of a request.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES OR APPLICATIONS
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION ONLINE?
We are very concerned with safeguarding your information and employ reasonable measures to do that. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We adhere to industry-leading standards and best practices to manage our network, servers, web and client applications, and set security policies across our organization.
We employ SSL exclusively for all communication between client applications and servers. Data is protected in transit and storage with industry standard cryptographic protocol using 256 bit encryption key.
We take all necessary measures to control access to sensitive data, application data, and cryptographic keys.
Applications are subject to strict quality testing and security review.
Two-factor authentication and strong password controls are required for administrative access to systems.
Networks are strictly segregated according to security concerns. Modern, restrictive firewalls protect all connections between networks.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION
If you have an account, you can access and modify the Personal Information (that you provided to us) that is associated with your account. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails or other messages from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that, even if you opt out of these communications, you may still receive messages from us regarding the administration of your Account and your use of our services.
As a Jio Health Service user, you can request to amend your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can request to amend your Personal Information you have made available by contacting us and requesting that your inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information be amended to be accurate and/or complete. If your request is accepted, we will take steps to amend your Personal Information as soon as is practicable, and make reasonable efforts to provide the amendment to persons that you identify as needing it, and to persons that Jio Health knows might rely on the information to your detriment. If your request is denied, we will provide you with a written denial and allow you to submit a statement of disagreement for inclusion in our records. Please note that some older information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law. If you registered with an activation code provided to you by your Benefit or Healthcare Provider or otherwise access your Benefit or Healthcare provider account from within the Jio Health Service, we may have shared your Personal Information with your Benefit or Healthcare Provider. We will make reasonable efforts to notify your Benefit or Healthcare Provider of the amendment of your inaccurate and/or incomplete information, but are unable to effect amendment of information in the files of your Benefit or Healthcare Provider. If we receive notice to amend Personal Information from your Benefit or Healthcare Provider, we will amend your Personal Information accordingly. As a Jio Health Service user, you can request to delete your Personal Information. You can request to delete your Personal Information you have made available by contacting us and requesting that your Account be deleted. We will take steps to delete your Personal Information as soon as is practicable, but some information may remain in archived/backup copies for our records and as otherwise required by law. If you registered with an activation code provided to you by your Benefit or Healthcare Provider or otherwise access your Benefit or Healthcare provider account from within the Jio Health Service, we may have shared your Personal Information with your Benefit or Healthcare Provider. We are unable to delete information in the files of your Benefit or Healthcare Provider.
Please note that if you decide to have your Personal Information deleted, Jio Health may retain any data related to your Jio Health Service history in aggregate form, and use and share such aggregate data for its business purposes. Please also note that if you delete our app from your mobile device, we may retain the Personal Information and content in your account, in case you want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
OUR POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
Jio Health is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, minors under the age of 18.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Jio Health Service visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us online or write to us at: Privacy Officer: Mark Nguyen at email@example.com
QUESTIONS? COMPLAINTS? WANT FURTHER INFORMATION?
If you wish to complain about our compliance with our privacy policies and procedures, you may submit your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer Mark Nguyen at 3 PARKER, IRVINE, CA 92618. Your complaint may also be submitted to the Secretary of Health and Human Services.